St. Edward’s Catholic Church bought itself a birthday present: fresh carpet and brand new pews.
In honor of its 120th anniversary, the church, located at 100 S Main St., updated the sanctuary in warm tones last month.
The St. Edward’s parish first formed in 1905, taking occupancy of the former Cumberland Presbyterian church and installing new stained glass windows.
They broke ground for a new building just west of the original church in 1977, then…