Firefighters rescue dogs in Lebanon house fire

Lebanon Fire District personnel saved three dogs Tuesday afternoon, Feb. 25, in a house fire on Dodge Street.

Firefighters responded to a report of the fire at about 3 p.m. Upon arrival, the incident commander was informed by the home’s occupant notified that there were three dogs inside the burning home.

The first fire truck to show up made entry into the home and rescued the dogs. The home was filling with smoke fast and the firefighters made a quick entry into the home and ensured that the animals were unharmed. After rescuing the dogs, they did a search of the home to ensure that no other occupants were inside.

The home was filled with smoke and had fire in the walls and had moved upwards and started to burn some of the roof. Crews had to access the roof, using ground ladders and cut a ventilation hole to allow the toxic smoke to vent out of the home.

It took firefighters around an hour to control the fire. Fifteen firefighters responded to combat the fire and two support personnel responded to establish a rehab area to assist firefighters who had been inside the fire.

No firefighters, civilians, or dogs were injured during the fire.

Firefighters vent the roof on the burning house.
Samson the bulldog shows some appreciation to firefighters, from left, Ben Walton, Casey Topp and Lt. Stacy Porchia.