Kitchen fire damages 7th Street home

Lebanon Fire District responded to a report of a house fire at 1090 S. 7th St. just after noon Wednesday, Aug. 8.

According to a Fire District report, upon arrival smoke was showing from the eaves and roof vents of the home. Firefighters made an interior attack on the fire and quickly brought the fire under control. The majority of damage was held to the kitchen.

During a search of the premises, two dogs where located and removed from the house. The two dogs had minor smoke inhalation and appear healthy.

Firefighters remained on scene for nearly two hours ensuring that there was no fire extension. Lebanon responded with two fire engines, a rescue and two ambulances. The cause of the fire was determined to be a stove top burner.

Fire district officials urge residents to remember to keep stove tops clear of any storage or food that is not being prepared.