Lebanon Fire responds to laundry room fire

The Lebanon Fire District responded to a structure fire in the 500 block of W Oak Street at approximately 6:30 p.m. on Friday, July 14.

When initial units arrived, they found a two story multi-unit apartment complex with nothing showing. The first arriving engine company was met by the reporting party and led to the laundry room of the complex where they discovered light smoke and excessive heat in a wall behind one of the clothes dryers. The crew then pulled hose lines to the room and opened the wall where they encountered fire that was quickly extinguished.

Additional engine companies were assigned to the apartments adjacent to the laundry room and found light smoke that had permeated from the laundry room. No fire was detected in either room and high volume fans were used to evacuate smoke from the apartments.

The Lebanon Fire District responded with 21 personnel on 10 apparatus and were on scene for approximately one hour to fully extinguish the fire.