LFD Reports on Two Fire Calls This Week

Smoke escapes from the roof at a house in the 31000 block of Berlin Road. Photo courtesy of LFD

At approximately 4:49 p.m. on Sunday, May 12, Lebanon Fire District responded to the report of a structure fire in the 31000 block of Berlin Road. Initial reports stated that the caller heard two loud explosions and could see a large plume of black smoke coming from a structure.

An off-duty LFD lieutenant was the first on the scene and reported light smoke coming from the structure’s eves. The incident commander arrived on scene and assumed command of the fire directing the first arriving engine to make an offensive attack on the fire. Crews were able to make entry into the structure and reported high heat temperatures and dense smoke conditions. The crews were able to access the roof and cut a hole to allow for smoke and heat to escape from the structure. The fire was then quickly extinguished. LFD responded with 22 personnel, and was assisted by Albany Fire Department and Sweet Home Fire & Ambulance District to handle the multiple medical calls that occurred during the fire.

Lebanon Fire District would like to remind everyone to use caution when using space heaters or air conditioners.


On May 13 at approximately 6:46 p.m., LFD received a call for a fire alarm activation in the 500 block of 12th Street. Dispatch stated that the neighbor could hear a smoke detector going off in the apartment next to her and the occupant of the apartment had just left.

BC31 arrived on scene to a two-story apartment complex. After further investigation, BC31 found the apartment full of smoke. BC31 upgraded to a first alarm assignment and started evacuating the apartment building. The first engine arrived on scene and was able to force entry into the apartment. The engine company found food left unattended on the burner of the stove. No fire damage was done to the apartment and the residents were able to return to their residence. LFD responded with 13 personnel.

Lebanon Fire District would like to remind everyone the importance of working smoke detectors.