Spray adhesive fumes ignite fire

The Lebanon Fire District responded to a structure fire at 450 W Maple St. at approximately 2:07 a.m. on Tuesday, Nov. 21.

Callers reported seeing flames from a garage across the street from their homes. Upon arrival, firefighters found a fully involved outbuilding. A quick response by firefighters limited the damage to the outbuilding, protecting nearby homes. Afterwards, the occupant admitted to using spray adhesive near an open flame within the outbuilding, causing the adhesive vapors to ignite and spread to the structure. LFD remained on scene an hour for mop up.

Lebanon Fire responded with 14 firefighters on eight apparatus, two chief officers, and one fire investigator. No civilians or firefighters were injured. Albany Fire Department provided a medic unit and engine to cover calls within the district.

Lebanon Fire would like to remind everyone that furnaces designed to be used outdoors should not be used indoors. These appliances do not have built in safety features to be safely used inside a structure. Additionally, when using products in spray cans, be aware of the chemical composition and follow all safety recommendations from the manufacturer.