Fire damages hotel room

Fire damaged a hotel room in the 1800 block of South Main Street Friday evening, Jan. 7, Lebanon Fire District reported.

At approximately 9:50 p.m., LFD personnel responded to a report of a structure fire, but when they arrived at the scene, the battalion chief reported nothing showing and began investigating.

The battalion chief met with the onsite manager and discovered there had been a fire in one of the units.

The occupants of the unit had arrived earlier in the evening, put their belongings into the room and left. When they returned a couple of hours later, they discovered a smoke-filled room and alerted the manager. The manager did not see any flames but used an extinguisher to make sure the fire was out.

According to an LFD statement, it appeared the fire had consumed all the oxygen in the room and went out prior to the occupants returning. LFD members went in to check for extension and extinguish remaining hot spots. Crews were on scene for approximately one hour. The fire is still under investigation at the time of this report. No injuries were reported.

The Lebanon Fire District would like to remind the public that fire extinguishers are a vital part of keeping small fires small. Locate an extinguisher in your home in an easily accessible location and make sure you know how to use it. The Lebanon Fire District offers extinguisher training, if you are needing this type of training, please contact Fire and Life Safety at (541) 451-1901.